Not all promo companies are created equal

One thing we can attest to is that not all promotional companies are the same. It was through frustrating experiences with other companies that eventually led to the creation of VOX Marketing.

There are a lot of challenges and frustrations we face in everyday business, but ranking high on that list has to be those situations where commitments we made and broken, sometimes with disastrous results. An incident where you were over promised and under delivered can quickly turn a well-planned event or promotion into a highly stressful, regrettably occasion.

Has this ever happened to you?

It’s happened to us. It happens to us.

We too use vendors to source and supply the thousands of products we deliver to our customers every year. One thing we have learned in 14 years is that we are only as good as the vendors with which we choose to work. We understand that our ability to live up to our commitments impacts the lasting impressions our customer’s customers have toward our customer.

However, regardless of proper planning, communication, and all attempts to get things back on track, sometimes things simply do not go as planned. While regrettable, this is an opportunity. What you do next will either keep you ahead, help you bypass, or drop you well behind the competition. We understand this.

In fact I recently asked Kip Rollins, VOX’s President, “What is your biggest pet peeve?” I expected to hear something like “ice chewing” (my biggest). But rather, his response was, “Hiding from a tough situation. Take it straight on and learn from it.”

It is that approach that has helped VOX keep their customers when those rare occurrences happen and things didn’t go as anticipated.

VOX proudly has a 98% on-time delivery rate. But—it is the other 2%—where we learn to be even better.  We absolutely hate when that 2% happens, but we don’t hide from it. We learn from it. We make every attempt to fix.

And each day we strive to get that 2% down to 1%.

Two questions for you:

  1. In a situation that did not go as planned despite your best efforts, how did you handle it?
  2. What is your biggest pet peeve?



More Posts

It’s Time For a New Year!

IT’S TIME FOR A NEW YEAR! 2021 was a year that was filled with a lot of challenges but also a lot of opportunities for

Send Us A Message